[opensuse] Modules ipmi_si and ipmi_devintf (was: Systemd says: systemd-modules-load.service failed)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 08:10:34 +0200
Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

El 17/06/13 04:02, Per Jessen escribió:

Hmm, how about these modules:

ipmi_si, ipmi_devintf ?

Sofar I have found no other/better way than creating
a "/etc/modules-load.d/ipmi.conf". Works very well too :-)

what package uses those modules ? software needing such modules must
load them either with an udev rule, or using libkmod , or whatever.
anything else, is a bug in my eyes.

These two are used by 'ipmitool'. (there are others too).

Hrmm.. looking at the modules... ipmi_si has

alias: pci:v*d*sv*sd*bc0Csc07i*
alias: pci:v0000103Cd0000121Asv*sd*bc*sc*i*

Therefore, it must be magically autoloaded if the hardware matches in
the running system. if it does not, then there is a bug.

Yeah, that is my thinking too, but so far it has not worked.

I'm not intimately familiar with how those aliases work, am I right I
thinking I need to match those against the information in these?:

find /sys/devices/pci0000\:00/ -name modalias

I am not sure, but I think the issue might be that the BMC that ipmi_si
wants to talk to is not sat on the PCI bus, but on the SMbus.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (22.5°C)