Re: [opensuse] ssytemd and openSUSE
On 06/17/2013 11:57 AM, Istvan Gabor pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Hello:

I see there are plenty of messages on this list related to systemd, and systemd
related issues.
For me this fact indicates that systemd is not matured and stable enough to be
included in a RELEASE
as default and standard.

To include a question too, I thought that post 12.1 openSUSE versions come with
systemd and do not
offer sysvinit as an alternative. Still I read here that some users are using
or trying to use sysvinit on
openSUSE 12.3. So, do openSUSE 12.2 and 12.3 offer sysvinit package(s)
similarly to 12.1 which can be
exchanged for systemd?

12.2 is the last version to offer sysvinit (it's what I'm using). 12.3 and newer will only have systemd.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998