Re: [opensuse] Systemd says: systemd-modules-load.service failed
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 14:30:23 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Monday, 2013-06-17 at 12:08 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

What I don't know is where is the logic to decide that parts
of /usr (a separate partition) is copied to initrd.

mkinitrd and the scripts in /lib/mkinitrd/

I ask because I wonder what happens if one decides, after
installation, to move /usr to a separate partition, one simply has to
make initrd again, or some setting has to be toggled.

I don't know, but hasn't this been discussed quite a bit? I don't do it
myself, but I thought there was some sort of (new?) issue in
keeping /usr on a separate partition.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (29.9°C)