Re: [opensuse] Re: lack of flexibility of systemd
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 12:14:53 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Monday, 2013-06-17 at 08:26 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

Linda Walsh wrote:

How would you do something like the attached in systemd?

I probably wouldn't, but that's not a reason for not going with
systemd. Why not just leave it as an LSB script?

I see lots of "starting LSB: whatever" entries in my boot sequence,
there are many that were not fully migrated, so one more does not
matter.

The one that I have to look at is hylafax, it had an entry in inittab.

Yes, it is a respawn of "faxgetty". I also have an entry for iaxmodem.
Neither should be too difficult to write service units for, but my
telephone server (asterisk) is still running 10.2. Upgrading it will
be a significant effort, I think asterisk moved quite a bit since 1.4,
my current version.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (26.4°C)