Re: [opensuse] RE: lack of flexibility of systemd
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:23:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Monday, 2013-06-17 at 08:23 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

Systemd would choke on my transmission startup script.

A corner case? Most init scripts are in fact really primitive. I have a
number of my own initscripts, but all they do is start a daemon.
Anyway, I wasn't arguing systemd's usefulness, I was only responding
to the OP's question of whether to go with systemd or try to stick to
sysvinit.

Oh, there is no doubt that we have to migrate or be left behind... like it or
not.
You can delay, but the end doesn't change.

Resistance is futile - you will be assimilated ;-)

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.