Re: [opensuse] Re: lack of flexibility of systemd
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:17:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Monday, 2013-06-17 at 08:26 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

Linda Walsh wrote:

How would you do something like the attached in systemd?

I probably wouldn't, but that's not a reason for not going with systemd.
Why not just leave it as an LSB script?

I see lots of "starting LSB: whatever" entries in my boot sequence, there are many that were not fully migrated, so one more does not matter.

The one that I have to look at is hylafax, it had an entry in inittab. Not that I send many faxes nowdays, it is on the decline, but here at least it is required for some paperwork to be legally admitted. I know of people with no email but a fax machine...

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.