Re: [opensuse] Systemd says: systemd-modules-load.service failed
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 10:02:15 +0200
Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

El 16/06/13 15:01, Carlos E. R. escribió:

Done. I'll see what happens on next boot.

btw, MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT should not be used..

For example, let's say you have need module "foobar" there, otherwise
your system misses functionality. this are the correct steps to follow
:-)

1. Make sure it is not a kernel, udev or a bug in an application, the
best way to ensure that is to fill a bug report, the worst thing that
could occur is the bug getting marked as INVALID.

2. in the meanwhile the bug gets fixed, issue echo "foobar" >
/etc/modules-load.d/foobar.conf and "foobar" will be loaded at boot
next time.

PS: I would argue that having to load a module this way to make any
application work is always a bug, no exceptions ;)

Hmm, how about these modules:

ipmi_si, ipmi_devintf ?

Sofar I have found no other/better way than creating
a "/etc/modules-load.d/ipmi.conf". Works very well too :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (23.2°C)