Re: [opensuse] RE: Stability of systemd
On 6/16/2013 10:53 AM, Bruce Ferrell wrote:

I said Linux since '93. I've worked with *IX since about '80. Back
then mostly DecUnix and SunOS and I dID see the switch over from the BSD
model to sysV. It did take some getting used to but sysV was based on
transparency... And the shift was CLEARLY and FULLY documented... No,
"well, ya gotta know" garbage.

For may part, simply, bsd init scripts and sysv init scripts, are both still scripts!

Neither one tries to tell me from 20 years ago what I do not have any possible valid reason to do today.

No matter how great some of the concepts are, and I agree they are, it's wrong simply because it tries to predict the unpredictable and it replaces a system that is both transparent and malleable with one that is neither.

--
bkw