Re: [opensuse] systemd: What is the proper manner to print a message to the screen from a service file?
El 16/06/13 14:21, Carlos E. R. escribió:

On Sunday, 2013-06-16 at 14:10 -0400, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

El 16/06/13 09:48, Carlos E. R. escribió:
in order to see at a glance which
services failed to start (this was something that systemv did).

what the hell ? seriously.. to see what services failed you do not
need any such thing... just execute systemctl --failed

I do not want to execute anything by hand. I want just to look at my
screen be told if there is something to see. Just tell me how to print
the output of a command on the screen, please, from inside a service file.

You are trying to solve a problem the weirdest and arcanest way possible!

If you want to see "failed" or "sucess" of services like you did in sysvinit at boot in tty1 remove "quiet" from the boot command line.

Otherwise please read the documentation, man page systemd.exec , option StandardOutput, yoiu can send the output to a tty/syslog/journal etc.