Re: [opensuse] systemd fails to start famd
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 15:40:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2013-06-16 at 17:32 +0400, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

So there is nothing wrong here. You need to enable rpcbind, that's all.
If it fails to start even when rpcbind is enabled, that deserves
attention.

I did that on the previous post, I printed the command.

But why does famd require rpcbind?

systemd fails to start famd

Why to you start every e-mail with "systemd fails ..."? It has
absolutely nothing to do with systemd. You would have exactly the same
problem in case of "chkconfig rpcbind off" with sysvinit.

Nope. :-)

This system was upgraded from 12.1 to 12.3, and in 12.1 it was working with systemv correctly. Upgrade, puf, all service status are not migrated to systemd, and I had to review many of them.

What I see is messages from systemd that this or that message is faling.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.