Re: [opensuse] systemd hides important information for diagnosis of rsyslog.
On 2013-06-15 08:28, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
В Sat, 15 Jun 2013 09:35:37 +0400 Andrey Borzenkov <> пишет:

Actually I tested behavior with and without disabling rsyslogd
stdout/stderr.

Both with and without StandardOutput=inherit in rsyslog if I have error
that prevents rsuslogd from starting I get exactly the same behavior -
systemd permanently attempts to restart syslog.service spending 50% CPU
in system and 50% CPU in user mode. Which is more or less obvious as
normal system has quite a lot of logging going on, so rsyslog does not
add anything significant here.

This happened to me. On some circumstances, if the looping is fast,
sysmtemd notices and stops trying. Under certain limit, it respawn in a
loop, consuming 100% cpu of one core, heating it up (the load was not
spread, that's why I noticed).

I wrote about that in another email.

Carlos, I think it warrants bug report so it can be followed.

Certainly.

Huh, impossible, I get the "page is redirecting improperly", impossible
to log in, even after clearing cookies (novell and attachmate).
Finally... it took a long time.

Bug 825135 - systemd rsyslog unit has problems in 12.3 (and factory)
with reporting errors about itself

What component do we use for systemd? There is no init, systemd,
syslog... I selected maintenance. :-?

Additionally, it also demonstrates that systemd does not do any rate
limiting on socket-activated services. Which is bad actually.

It does, but not always. I reported about that here.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.