Re: [opensuse] ThinkPad shutdown takes long time
В Thu, 13 Jun 2013 12:46:30 -0400
James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

I've noticed sometimes it takes a long time for my ThinkPad E520 to
reboot when running openSUSE 12.3. When this occurs and I press Esc, I
see the following displayed for a couple of minutes or so before it
progresses. This does not happen every time and I don't see any pattern
to when it does.

doing fast boot
Creating device nodes with udev

Welcome to openSUSE 12.3 "Dartmouth" - Kernel 3.7.10-1.11-desktop (tty1)
E520 login: [ OK ] started Show Plymouth Reboot Screen.

Any ideas?

Enable systemd debug and check which service takes so much time

/usr/bin/kill -RTMIN+22 1

output goes to journal. You can fetch it using e.g.

journalctl --since=... --until=...

for period of inactivity.