Re: [opensuse] ThinkPad shutdown takes long time
El 13/06/13 12:46, James Knott escribió:
I've noticed sometimes it takes a long time for my ThinkPad E520 to
reboot when running openSUSE 12.3. When this occurs and I press Esc, I
see the following displayed for a couple of minutes or so before it
progresses. This does not happen every time and I don't see any pattern
to when it does.

doing fast boot
Creating device nodes with udev

Welcome to openSUSE 12.3 "Dartmouth" - Kernel 3.7.10-1.11-desktop (tty1)
E520 login: [ OK ] started Show Plymouth Reboot Screen.

OK, boot the system with the following options.

systemd.log_level=debug systemd.log_target=kmsg log_buf_len=1M

create a file

/usr/lib/systemd/system-shutdown/debug.sh

with content:

#!/bin/sh
mount -o remount,rw /
dmesg > /shutdown-log.txt
mount -o remount,ro /

reboot.

attach the resulting shutdown-log.txt as a reply to this message, so we can see what it is taking a long time to stop.