Re: [opensuse] Systemd kills text terminals
Carlos E. R. said the following on 06/11/2013 08:03 PM:

On 2013-06-12 01:45, Cristian Rodr■guez wrote:
El 09/06/13 20:17, Carlos E. R. escribi￳:

Removing plymouth-branding-openSUSE and plymouth-scripts,
tabooing them.

This bug has been fixed today in plymouth HEAD, it was also fixed
on factory and probably an update will be released for older
products.

Thanks, but I will not install it, I do not want plymouth. Those
packages above had simply escaped my previous removal.

Reasons:

- I have a separate boot partition, and initrd is large enough as it is.

+1

- I prefer booting in text mode with all the gory text messages
passing by. A splash screen bores me to death, so I disable all those,
too.

+1

That way I know that I have failed services to investigate: fam,
spamd, nfs, loading kernel modules.

+1

--
How long did the whining go on when KDE2 went on KDE3?

The only universal constant is change. If a species can not adapt it
goes extinct. That's the law of the universe, adapt or die.
-- Billie Walsh, May 18 2013