Re: [opensuse] purging old kernels
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 08:06:25 +0200
Linda Walsh wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
I guess you have specific reasons for needing a separate /boot
partition?
RAID or LVM. If RAID is used, /boot must be on a non-RAID or RAID 1
partition. With LVM, /boot must not be on LVM. If I set up a
server with multiple drives, I set up LVM on RAID, with a separate
partition for /boot.

Yes, I know what the reasons are, the questions was really whether
the OP had those reasons.
----
Why do you need to know if someone chose that reason or
another? Do you judge their fitness to have a separate boot partition
based on their reason?

:~/

No, only their need. If Peter had a boot-partition without needing one,
he could have solved the space issue by copying /boot onto the root
file system, and not mounting the boot partition at all.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.3°C)