Re: [opensuse] purging old kernels
Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
I guess you have specific reasons for needing a separate /boot
partition?
RAID or LVM. If RAID is used, /boot must be on a non-RAID or RAID 1
partition. With LVM, /boot must not be on LVM. If I set up a server
with multiple drives, I set up LVM on RAID, with a separate partition
for /boot.

Yes, I know what the reasons are, the questions was really whether the
OP had those reasons.
----
Why do you need to know if someone chose that reason or
another? Do you judge their fitness to have a separate boot partition
based on their reason?

:~/