[opensuse] Re: new network interface naming scheme (result of systemd & initrd)
Brian K. White wrote:
On 6/11/2013 2:23 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Now that we do have the luxury of enough RAM, it's difficult to see the
advantage of not using an initrd.
----
It's nearly twice as slow than w/o it?

It's easier to slip something unseen into your initrd than it is
the kernel?

just to think of a few...

In short, asking why someone doesn't want to use an initrd is the wrong question to start with. Just as wrong as it would be to ask why someone WOULD want to use and initrd.
---
Cuz your distro folks are doing everything in their power to force you
to use it?

Partly linux's fault I suppose, there's no autoconfig for building a custom
kernel for your HW.

It allows them to fake things like mounting by disk-label?

The question is what is the excuse for removing functionality and adding dependencies? There is none.
---
It's a cheaper and easier way to let them focus on all the
problems systemd is bringing?