Re: [opensuse] Watching videos in openSUSE 12.3
  • From: Andrew Colvin <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 07:58:55 +0100
On Monday 10 Jun 2013 18:52:52 Ricardo Chung wrote:
On Monday, June 10, 2013 04:27:47 PM James Knott wrote:
Felix Miata wrote:
Which DE and player do you use? I have to think at least one or the
other is broken that you should have needed to ask your original
question.

KDE on 12.3. I normally watch videos with Firefox, but some with
Kaffine. If something is broken, it's on both my desktop and notebook
computers.

On KDE should be easier if you create a Multimedia Activity, then go to
Battery Monitor Settings and on the left side panel go to Activity Settings
and choose Multimedia Activity Tab (or whatever you named it). There, Define
a special behavior by checking the boxes "Never shutdown the screen" and
"Never suspend or shutdown". Apply the changes and OK.

Another settings you should check is Display and Monitor->Screen Locker-

+1

All I do is switch to this activity when I am going to watch videos. The
problem with the sound device though is how does the OS know which device you
want it to play through? Try settings > Multimedia > Phonon > Audio Playback
Video and select your device. I don't know if this gets saved to an
activity but you can test it