Re: [opensuse] Watching videos in openSUSE 12.3
On Monday, June 10, 2013 04:27:47 PM James Knott wrote:
Felix Miata wrote:
Which DE and player do you use? I have to think at least one or the
other is broken that you should have needed to ask your original
question.

KDE on 12.3. I normally watch videos with Firefox, but some with
Kaffine. If something is broken, it's on both my desktop and notebook
computers.

On KDE should be easier if you create a Multimedia Activity, then go to
Battery Monitor Settings and on the left side panel go to Activity Settings
and choose Multimedia Activity Tab (or whatever you named it). There, Define a
special behavior by checking the boxes "Never shutdown the screen" and "Never
suspend or shutdown". Apply the changes and OK.

Another settings you should check is Display and Monitor->Screen Locker-
Uncheck "Start Automatically after:___

When you finish your session you may be undo the previous procedures.

Hope this help you better.

Best regards,
--
Ricardo Chung | Panama