Re: [opensuse] KDE panel freezing
Todd Rme said the following on 06/09/2013 04:35 AM:
On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It might be a plugin or config or it might be a release idiosyncrasy, but
this last week or so the panel at the bottom of my KDE has frozen.

The clock doesn't update, the task manager doesn't let me switch and of
course the menu button doesn't cause the menu to pop up.

The Alt-tab switcher does work.
And Alt-F2 does work.

I run zypper up every few days so I'm up to date on kde4.10 as per the
earlier posting about the anomaly in the repository. Could that 'out of
phase' be responsible?

I had this problem starting at around the same time. When I checked
YaST2 I found I had accidentally installed essentially the entire
gnome desktop, plus nautilus, evolution, and a few other gnome-related
apps. I didn't use any of them so I uninstalled all of them that
weren't dependencies of packages I needed. When I did so the problem
went away.

I don't know which of them was the culprit. If I had to guess I would
say it might have been either GDM, gnome-shell or gnome-panel, but
that's just a guess.

Thanks for the hint.

I use a number of desktops so taking out the gone stuff that is really LXDE wasn't on, but U did find that lightdm was installed.

Now it isn't.

Now we'll see what happens.

--
How long did the whining go on when KDE2 went on KDE3?

The only universal constant is change. If a species can not adapt it
goes extinct. That's the law of the universe, adapt or die.
-- Billie Walsh, May 18 2013