Re: [opensuse] UEFI and W7 recovery?
В Mon, 3 Jun 2013 22:43:01 -0400
<j.e.perry@xxxxxxx> пишет:

I have a new laptop that I'm anxious to get opensuse onto. After failing
miserably with both virtualbox and 12.2, and reading that 12.3 works fine
with uefi, I've downloaded 12.3 and written it onto a dvd.

I backed up my W7 system, but I don't want to lose the vendor-supplied
recovery partition (there is, of course, no recovery dvd). When I boot into
12.3 install, I get the message, "You have to delete all existing partitions
to get a valid uefi boot partition", or text to that effect. There are no
other options offered (the present partition setup is corrupt due to the
disastrous 12.2 attempt), and I see no way to avoid wiping the recovery
partition.

Is your Windows 32 or 64 bit?

Can anyone offer any help, here?

John Perry