Re: [opensuse] Nepomuk - The Opposite Question
John Andersen said the following on 06/01/2013 08:34 PM:
On 6/1/2013 5:22 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
I get
The Nepomuk installation is not complete.
No desktop search setting can be provided.

So I do a complete reinstall of all the nepomuk/strigi stuff.

Still the same.

Hmmm, very strange.
For me it just worked once I went to system settings and enabled
the nepomuk Server configuration, click apply, watch the disk get
busy, and walk away from the machine for 20 minutes.

Getting the indexer to run was the least of my problems, and
I didn't do any of that at the command line.

I would assume that any mention the installation is not complete
would mean exactly that, and looking in yast for packages that might
be needed would probably be where I would start.

Yes, I've been though that.
A few packages are giving me repository hell asking for 4.10.4 but they might note even be relevant.

--
How long did the whining go on when KDE2 went on KDE3?

The only universal constant is change. If a species can not adapt it
goes extinct. That's the law of the universe, adapt or die.
-- Billie Walsh, May 18 2013