Re: [opensuse] Grub2 and installing multiple distros on same computer - *ADDENDUM*
В Sat, 09 Mar 2013 13:28:25 +1100
Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

http://www.linuxidentity.com/us/down/articles/LSK_multi_distro_install_US.pdf

It explains much better than I could. (The only thing re the article is
that it really has caused some confusion because I think it started off
being an article about grub but then changed to be one about grub2 - but
the author forgot to alter references to "grub-..." commands to read
"grub2-....." commands. Either that or the author(s) of grub2 decided to
rename grub=>grub2 at some point after the article was written.)

Upstream GRUB2 is called GRUB. grub2 is used by distributions that
support both legacy GRUB and modern GRUB and need to allow both to be
installed in parallel.