Re: [opensuse] Grub2 and installing multiple distros on same computer - *ADDENDUM*
On 2013-03-08 15:29 (GMT+0100) Carlos E. R. composed:

If I were to install another multiboot computer, I would first create a
small Linux system (5..10 G) with the main grub booter, loading the grubs
of each other system installed, as in the above entry. This partition
would double as rescue system.

This is problably what you call a "main loader"?

It really isn't necessary to install a full system to have a main bootloader. On a new HD I first partition, then boot Knoppix, from which I create a filesystem on at least my realboot partition plus the swapper, and untar what needs to go in /boot/grub plus a 100% penguin /boot/message. Then I open the Grub Legacy shell to run setup, after which I fetch the first installation kernel/initrd set(s) I will use to install an OS.

Example realboot menus last modified within the past 3 months:
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/menu.lst.big41boot.05
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/menu.lst.gx27b-boot.23
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/menu.lst.gx62b-boot.06

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/