Re: [opensuse] What are these "devices" in my partition info?
On 06/03/13 18:12, Andrea Turrini wrote:
2013/3/6 Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
How can I tell to oS 12.2 to use /media to mount hotplugged devices?
When I plug a pendrive or an usb disk, it is mounted in
/run/media/<user> and not in /media as happens in oS 12.1.

Best,
Andrea
When I mount an USB device it shows up in /media on my oS 12.2, and has
never ever mounted anywhere else.
Same here.

And so the question arises: what are those people claiming otherwise running
to claim what they claim?
I have looked for this and the cause seems to be related to udisks1/2:
udisks1 (still used by KDE) mounts in /media; udisks2 (used by GNOME,
xfce, and lxde) mounts in /run/media/<user>

Best,
Andrea

Aha, so it is related to other DE other than KDE.

"KDE rools!" :-)

BC

PS As I stated, there is nothing better than consistency and uniformity in the ways things are handled..... And then people get annoyed when comments are made that Linux is for the geeks...

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.10.00 & kernel 3.8.2-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor