Re: [opensuse] What are these "devices" in my partition info?
  • From: Andrea Turrini <andrea.turrini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 08:12:26 +0100
2013/3/6 Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
How can I tell to oS 12.2 to use /media to mount hotplugged devices?
When I plug a pendrive or an usb disk, it is mounted in
/run/media/<user> and not in /media as happens in oS 12.1.

Best,
Andrea

When I mount an USB device it shows up in /media on my oS 12.2, and has
never ever mounted anywhere else.

Same here.

And so the question arises: what are those people claiming otherwise running
to claim what they claim?

I have looked for this and the cause seems to be related to udisks1/2:
udisks1 (still used by KDE) mounts in /media; udisks2 (used by GNOME,
xfce, and lxde) mounts in /run/media/<user>

Best,
Andrea