Re: [opensuse] Free Office Suite
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 19:20:25 +0000
On Monday 04 Mar 2013 19:13:03 Mark Misulich wrote:
Hi,
everyone on this list is always looking for a office suite that works in
Linux and that works well for office tasks. I haven't fully tested out
the latest version of Softmaker Office Suite, but it seems to work well
for everything I have used it on so far.

The latest free version is available now for download from this url:

http://www.freeoffice.com/en/

Mark

But, but.... Is it better than LibreOffice (comes standard with OpenSuse)
and if so in what way?

Regards,

Hi Jos,
I don't know if Softmaker is better than LibreOffice, so I can't answer
your question. I suspect that you will have to try it for yourself if
you wish to know, as you will have different usage requirements than I
would. Personally, I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't care which
program is better, I just want whatever I am using to work well.

I didn't write my post to start a war over which is better or not, I was
just trying to provide some information to the group. Linux is all
about choices. So I offer this information to you in the spirit in which
it was intended, that of trying to inform you about the availability of
a new free office suite.

Regards

it read like a "advert" to me, not as useful information for others.
but thats cynical me