Re: [opensuse] How to test hibernation without pm-utils?
El mar 05 mar 2013 02:00:01 CLST, Cristian Rodríguez escribió:
On 03/05/2013 01:11 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
All,

For a bug I'm trying to help test, they asked me to remove pm-utils
and then hibernate my laptop?

How do I do that? It seems to just run and run without pm-utils
installed.

- remove package pm-utils
- issue systemctl hibernate

if you are testing a problem with suspend/hibernate from a desktop
environment, tell us which one .

Just FYI, if you issue an hibernate from a desktop environment, different things may happend depending on which DE.

- It may call upower 's org.freedesktop.UPower dbus method, which in turns calls pm-utils . it should not do that, as the upower suspend/hibernate
interface will go away.

- it may just call pm-utils, if it does just that.. RUN away!

- Current versions of KDE (KDE:Factory) and GNOME call org.freedesktop.login1.Manager.Hibernate. that is , they ask systemd-logind to take care of the problem.