Re: [opensuse] 10 days out - 12.3 recommendations
On 03/05/2013 10:52 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
the move to Evergreen is simple [just add one repo and then run
YaST Online Update, or "zypper patch"], and your 11.4 is good to
July 2014! [note, there is a kernel change, but without nvidia/etc
drivers needed here it was a simple change, for _me_]

I would have thought that switching to Tumbleweed was the more
appropriate thing to do.

are you saying you think the most recently release new version with adds from factory is more stable/dependable/predictable than a two year old version with bug fixes and security patches on top?

if so, then you understand software development exactly backwards.

dd