Re: [opensuse] Curious about Yast2 Partitioner
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 11:32:26 +0100
Hans Witvliet wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Curious about Yast2 Partitioner
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 10:15:33 +0100

Per Jessen wrote:

Marc Chamberlin wrote:

[snip about gparted]

So my question is this - Why, when there is a tool that is so much
more capable, open sourced and freely available, is Yast2 sticking
to using such a brain dead partitioning tool?

Actually, yast uses parted too. Gparted is just the user interface.
Gparted presumably does not have a text-mode which YaST requires.

Um, that wasn't really very clear.

Gparted and YaST both use parted under the covers. Gparted adds a
graphical user interface, YaST adds a graphical _and_ a text-mode
interface.