Re: [opensuse] 10 days out - 12.3 recommendations
  • From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 10:48:12 -0500
On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 11:17 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 04/03/13 10:58, John Andersen wrote:
I'm running 12.3rc2 is a virtual machine, but am planning to redo my main
laptop in 12.3 when its final. (Its currently hanging back at 11.4 waiting
for 12.3).
So the same question that comes up every time I look at re-basing my
machine:
Nuke and fresh install or Upgrade in place?
Take my advice: "nuke" and do a clean install.

Nah, I've been doing in-place upgrades since 11.4 on my laptops and
workstations. It has been a very solid trouble free road.

Now, you probably do want to nuke and reinstall if you've trashed you
machine with third-party or custom built binaries, or you've used dozens
of repositories. But that doesn't apply to most people who have no
business doing such things.

--
Adam Tauno Williams GPG D95ED383