Re: [opensuse] Re: articles of this newsgroup are not grouped in threads
On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM, Carson Chittom <carson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Juan R. de Silva" <juan.r.d.silva@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I'm using Pan to follow a number of newsgroups. In all other newsgroups
but "gmane.linux.suse.general" all articles are grouped into
corresponding threads. When I select "gmane.linux.suse.general" every
single article of each thread is listed separately. Thus usually I have a
long list of "Re:" items.

What's the trouble with this newsgroup? Why it is so special to Pan?

Odd. I'm reading the same way you are, only with Gnus. Threading works
precisely like it does in every other newsgroup.

Have you tried unsubscribing from gmane.linux.suse.general and then
resubscribing? Perhaps it's some strange per-newsgroup setting internal
to Pan that's causing the issue?

Actually I've noticed that too when using Thunderbird to read the
opensuse list (inconsistent threading, and a lot of times it's just
one level of threading implying that the newsreader is just going by
Re: in the subject instead of the References: header)

When I use gmail to read the list (normally what I do) threading is
fine (gmail doesn't have nested threading though), but when I reply
the default To: is to the poster, not the list. I know that's because
the opensuse daemon doesn't add the Reply-To: header (just has
List-Post:)

I can't figure out the threading issue but I haven't looked at it
much...... there's Reference: headers but maybe it's in the wrong spot
per some RFC and that's what is throwing Pan/Thunderbird off, I dunno

Cheers, Scott