Re: [opensuse] How to edit entries in the "Run Command" menu.
Anton Aylward wrote:
A box
>opens up, where you enter the command or URL you wish to execute. For
>example, until it broke, I'd press Alt-F2 and enter #<command> to open
>the man page for the command.
And when I try that I get Konqueror starting up with"man:/sh" in the
location bar and the KDE man page viewer. This is a vanilla 12.2
install, the BtrFS test platform I've spoken of before. I get the same
on another machine running 12.2 on Reiser and one on ext4. All virgin
installs.
This problem happens on 2 computers running 12.2 with the latest updates. It used to work properly on both, failing only recently. It still works properly on one system running 12.1
>In KDE 3, it was possible to configure
>this to chose what you wanted to happen with various commands. I can no
>longer find any way to do that. In my case, I want to find out why I am
>now opening Seamonkey, instead of Konqueror when I'm trying to read a
>man page. This function is broken and I have no idea how to fix it.
Perhaps because somewhere seamonkey is defined as a the default browser
and not Konqueror? What does it say in the relevant systemsetting?

I have no idea why Seamonkey is starting. The default browser is Firefox. If I enter a URL, Firefox starts as expected. If I enter konqueor man:/<command> it works properly and displays the man page.