Re: [opensuse] Help with Static Routes
Chris Arnold wrote:
Mar 1, 2013, at 7:59 AM, "James Knott" wrote:

> Chris Arnold wrote:
>> Where does one put static routes in a suse based OS?
>
> In Yast > Network Devices > Network Settings > Routing tab

Is there a difference between routes and ip route commands listed in that TID? I ask because when I enter routes into yast-network devices-network settings-routing, I lose all connectivity to that server.

Those are simply different ways of setting routes. With Yast, the routes are stored in /etc/sysconfig/network/routes. You can manually add routes with the route command, as shown in that article. However, if you use the route commands, the routes will disappear when you reboot, so you'd have to include them in a script that runs at boot. When you save the routes in the routes file, they get loaded automatically as part of the boot up process.