Re: [opensuse] Silly little text file editing question............
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 11:27:59 +0100
Anton Aylward wrote:

So, can you do
move lines 827 though 844 to before line 212
in one go? Trivial in VI (and variants).

Not in one go, no - ISPF edit doesn't work with line numbers in the same
way that e.g. vi does.

To do what you ask, in ISPF edit you would first mark the lines you want
to move with 'mm', then you would scroll to the target line and place
an 'a' or a 'b', then hit enter.

Last I worked with ISPF edit (late 80s) I remember installing some copy
and paste macros too, they made a lot of stuff much easier.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.2°C)