Re: [opensuse] SuseFirewall2 does not allow pings to ext network?
On 10/31/2012 01:47 AM, Marc Chamberlin wrote:
Well, absolutely nothing is logged when I try to ping devices in the
external 169.254.1.x net from the internal 192.168.2.x network! However,
I do see ICMP messages coming IN to my firewall machine from various
external addresses on the internet. I suspect you don't want to see
those... AND I do see ICMP messages when I ping some external site, such
as www.google.com, from within my 192.168.2.x private network! I suspect
you don't want to see those either.... AND I do see ICMP messages when I
ping a device on my external 169.254.1.x network from the firewall
machine itself!

Seems very odd that nothing is being logged when I execute a ping from
my internal network to some device on my external 169.254.1.x private
network!

To be frank having a configured 169 network is odd to me, but anyway.

1) /sbin/SuSEfirewall2 status
paste the output
2) /sbin/SuSEfirewall2 test
ping from internal and grep the icmp parts and paste

Togan