Re: [opensuse] For those that doubt kdm3 script is used in 122.
Op 30-10-12 18:13, Felix Miata schreef:
On 2012-10-30 17:20 (GMT+0100) Oddball composed:

It is not about the proof, it is how to get to the directory where the
actual files are, that are used by the login manager.

And you're sure /usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/themes/ is not working.

Absolutely.

The 'thing' that is in control of my logins now, is not found in the
directory where the others are stored, and the others can not be used. Why?
How to get to know the *real* path: where does this script, which i can
not find, look for the themes?

Does the only kdmrc on your system include:

where is it? the REAL kdmrc
yast has /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager

UseTheme=true (uncommented)

and either

#Theme=...

or

Theme=/usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/themes/<somethingorother>
?

No, there is no kdmrc found on this machine, at least not with the search tools that are installed

Maybe instead of full reinstall, try just reinstalling affected packages.

If is installed now is

kdm-branding-openSUSE

then, remove it by installing

kdm-branding-upstream

I thought of that, i'll do this, but it is not the solution.

and giving the result a looksee. If you don't like the result, reverse the process and see if you are at least back to where you were after the original installation of 12.2 was completed.

Since I'm perfectly content with upstream basics, all my systems in kdmrc have:

UseTheme=false
and
Theme=
or