Re: [opensuse] For those that doubt kdm3 script is used in 122.
Op 30-10-12 18:06, Billie Walsh schreef:
On 10/30/2012 11:49 AM, Oddball wrote:
Op 30-10-12 17:20, Oddball schreef:
Op 30-10-12 17:11, Felix Miata schreef:
On 2012-10-30 16:56 (GMT+0100) Oddball composed:...

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2012-10/msg00847.html is no proof
of the assertion.

It is not about the proof, it is how to get to the directory where the
actual files are, that are used by the login manager.

The 'thing' that is in control of my logins now, is not found in the
directory where the others are stored, and the others can not be used.
Why?
How to get to know the *real* path: where does this script, which i
can not find, look for the themes?

It seems that i stumbled upon one of the great mysteries inside openSUSE:
Where is the script, that is responsible for the theme of the login manager looking for the theme?

I am not asking this question for over a week, in many different ways: (not)

NOBODY seems to know what script looks where, and the location of the responsible script.
On the net, google around, there is no answer to this question, and if someone has found the answer, which means: He or she, is REALLY capable, of changing the login theme, and proves it, that person *will_be_given_$10,-* (must be easy: like unpack a theme to the theme directory, and switch to that theme. I am even satisfied if the themes that are there standard, to choose from, can be choosen, and REALLY used.)

Another idea, and probably much simpler, IF you know, or can find, the name of the image used, pick whatever image you like better, rename it to the same as the image used and replace the old image with the new. If you know the image file name it shouldn't be to hard to do a search for it to know where it's stored.

Yes, if.
/usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm here should the themes be stored that are used.
If you know where the real directory is, and where the script that is used is stored, or how it is called, you get $10,-

The theme that is used when Yast breaks, and refuses to go back to the standard, is of course not in that directory.

--

Have a nice day,
Oddball.

OS: Linux 3.7.0-rc2-1-desktop i686