Re: [opensuse] Mozilla updates arriving delayed on openSUSE
Il 29/10/2012 19:41, Philipp Thomas ha scritto:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 19:22:32 -0200, Marco Calistri
<marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wonder why Mozilla updates are usually arriving delayed in comparison to
the Microsoft version.

Very easy: The Updates for MS Win* are done by the Mozilla Foundation,
whereas the releases and updates for openSUSE are done by a volunteer
maintainer (because we do some things differently from upstream). Therefore
it sometimes takes a bit of time before they appear.

hth
Philipp

Phillip,

As I replied to Berny,

I fully understood the explanation and it really makes sense.

Thanks.

Regards,
--
Marco Calistri (amdturion)
opensuse 12.2 (Mantis) 64 bit - Kernel 3.4.11-2.16-desktop Gnome 3.4.2