Re: [opensuse] What's with Kaffeine?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 20:11:38 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

Bogdan Cristea wrote:

On Monday 29 October 2012 17:49:01 Per Jessen wrote:
I'm setting up a box for a Media Center - when I try to play a DVD
with Kaffeine, I first get a message from Kaffeine about extra
software to
support formats not included. If I follow the link etc., I think it
ends up installing the packman repo (which I already had), but
that's
it. If I check http://en.opensuse.org/Kaffeine, I'm told I can
install the packman Kaffeine version, but this doesn't seem to
exist:

http://packman.links2linux.org/package/kaffeine

This next is probably building it from source, but isn't this all a
bit strange?

check this link: http://opensuse-guide.org/codecs.php

Thanks, that was really helpful! We ought to update the opensuse wiki
with a link to Martin's page :-)

Correction - something's not so good - after installing what's listed on
that page, mythtv now segfaults when I try to change the channel .... I
see a re-install coming.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (-1.1°C)