Re: [opensuse] Re: Dual boot 12.2 & W7
Op 29-10-12 11:59, Carlos E. R. schreef:

On 2012-10-29 08:28, Oddball wrote:

I was not aware about that. So buying openSUSE was not all bad... So you use
their multibooter
instead of grub(2), or only if you install after Linux?
In this laptop I use grub. In a computer I set up for other people I used
Windows booter, because
Windows is their principal os and this way service packs do not complain. Grub
has to be installed
anyway, but away in a partition, not in MBR.

- -- Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" (Minas Tirith))

The service packs complain when W7 is not the main install?
And when grub is the bootloader?
I did not know that either. I have service pack1 installed, but i cannot remember if 121 was already on it at that time, i installed them shortly behind one another.
As soon as i got W7 working complete with XP acpi drivers and the Function keys, i installed 121.

--

Have a nice day,
Oddball.

OS: Linux 3.7.0-rc2-1-desktop i686