Re: [opensuse] The status of /var/log/boot.log
On 10/28/2012 4:24 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-10-28 21:19, General Mail wrote:
Hello,

What I could dig up thus far was that *boot.msg* was depreciated

That would be deprecated. The price has not changed.

I haven't felt the meaning of the price until now

and systemd now logs to /var/log/messages.

Yes.

Thanks for clearing up the obvious

Anyone have inclination of what is going here?

Simple: systemd does not write to boot.msg, whereas systemv does. A design
decision, that's all.

I am not against the design decision (/var/log/message is sufficient for me in some cases).

I am trying to figure out what exactly is working on one system so I can replicate it later.

I like to mentioned: To be honest, I've never followed the systemd debate and I personally not to worried what any decision openSUSE takes in regards to systemd moving forward.