Re: [opensuse] LOgin 12.2/KDE - part of password skipped on first attempt
* Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [10-26-12 07:53]:
Just wondering if others have also noticed - when logging in on a
12.2+KDE system that has just been booted up, unless I type v-e-r-y
s-l-o-w-l-y , the first attempt always skips a few characters and
fails. The 2nd attempt works fine.

I have seen it intermittently since 12.1 original. I do not see it on
T'weed. I see it more prominently on 12.3m0.

Some experimentation shows that it appears to drop the second password
character. A pause after the first char usually accepts second char. I
boot to runlevel 3 and have noticed on 12.3m0 the occasionally first char
for the login name is dropped and/or the login prompt is not always
displayed.