Re: [opensuse] supposed correct setup of ADSL/PPPoE network in opensuse
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 11:05:36 +0200
Istvan Gabor wrote:

Hello:

What is the method to setup a ADSL/PPPoE network correctly in
openSUSE? The connection is made through an ADSL bridge, making the
connection requires authentication (username and password). The
provider offers IP address dynamically but does not use DHCP server.

I have not played with this for quite a while, but afair, the address is
set up by the pppoe script. I think it is an expect script that first
does the login etc. then receives a string with the necessary data.

I could not find a description what is the proper way to configure
such a connection.

Yeah, PPPoE is not the most frequently used functionality. I think
you'll have to use the fo... source. Dig through the scripts etc.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.0°C)