[opensuse] Re: Re: Suse 12.2 battles and victories
  • From: JtWdyP <jtwdyp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 01:52:22 -0400 (EDT)

It would appear that on Oct 24, Carlos E. R. did say:

On 2012-10-24 08:43, JtWdyP wrote:
over Ubuntu... But the "any user can su with own password" issue is
easily resolved by editing the /etc/sudoers config file (with
visudo) you can stop the own password garbage by first creating a
root password. <snip> then adding targetpw flag to sudoers defaults.

I think there is another method that the user has to belong to a
certain group to be able to su to root. Wheel or root group, perhaps.

Yes If you want to get into properly configuring sudo it's very possible to
give permissions based on membership in any valid group, or even by specific
username.

# Uncomment to allow people in group wheel to run all commands
%wheel ALL=(ALL) ALL

# Same thing without a password # Never on MY system...
#%wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

# If ctrl+alt+del can reboot then might as well
%wheel ALL=NOPASSWD: /sbin/poweroff

All of which I'd be inclined to do, even on a system Like OpenSuSE...
But it was *buntu that forced me to learn how...

But while *buntu is somewhat better than Microsoft, OpenSuSE is much better!

--
JtWdyP