Re: [opensuse] Huawei modem-software/drivers, integrated in kernel-firmware modules?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 16:10:27 +0200
James Knott wrote:

Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
I use Android smartphone as USB modem. I just plug it, turn on USB
tethering on the phone and in few seconds I'm connected. No need for
any further configuration.

I use WiFi tethering with mine. No need for a USB connection. Also
WiFi doesn't require as much CPU resources as a USB connection.

Hmm, interesting options. A couple of years ago I also looked into
tethering, but my old Nokia mobile didn't support it, so I bought a USB
GPRS modem instead. (Icon 505 I think). With my HTC, tethering with
USB sounds like the best option to me - would charge the phone at the
same time.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (10.2°C)