Re: [opensuse] UEFI
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 14:54:28 +0200
James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
The way I read it earlier, the "fix" would require user intervention
at every boot. This would of course be a disaster for servers
etc.,
Servers are rarely dual-boot systems, in my experience.

I wasn't thinking dual boot. I was thinking servers that can boot up
without manual intervention. For example if the server is on UPS and
the power fails long enough for the UPS to shut down the server, at
some point the power will be restored and the server should be able to
boot up into full operation, without someone sitting at a keyboard to
get past secure boot.

So why not just disable it? Any decent server would surely support
that.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (10.0°C)