Re: [opensuse] UEFI
Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:43 AM, Tony <tonys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With the upcoming UEFI and Secure Boot WIndows 8 etc....
UEFI Secure Boot is scheduled to be incorporated into opensuse 12.3
(Currently due in March 2013). It might be in factory before that if
you critically have to have it.

The process is to manually disable Secure Boot in the bios, boot from
opensuse CD. It will install a Secure Boot key/extension which will
opensuse to boot.

Manually re-enable secure boot. The opensuse kernels should now be
recognized and allow boot.

Greg

The way I read it earlier, the "fix" would require user intervention at every boot. This would of course be a disaster for servers etc., having been shut down by UPS during an extended power failure. I usually start my server by using wake on LAN, so that method would be defeated if I had to manually intervene at the server.

This method, at install time, is much better.