Re: [opensuse] UEFI
James Knott wrote:
Tony wrote:
What options does an openSUSE user, have to install opensuse on newer
pc that's shipped with Windows 8 ? Supposedly all new win 8 hardware
shipped with secure boot on some hardware manufacturer might give
option to turn off ?

Hopefully, x86 computers will have the option to turn off secure boot. Microsoft prohibits ARM based systems from having that option, if shipped with Windows 8. I think that is grounds for anti-trust investigations, as one company should not have that ability.

BTW, if we want secure computers, we should ban Microsoft products, as they are responsible for most of the vulnerabilities out there.