[opensuse] Re: UEFI
On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 08:43:33 -0500
Tony <tonys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

With the upcoming UEFI and Secure Boot WIndows 8 etc....

From what I've read online desktop/laptop can be locked to run only
Windows 8 or other OS with secure boot.

What options does an openSUSE user, have to install opensuse on newer
pc that's shipped with Windows 8 ? Supposedly all new win 8 hardware
shipped with secure boot on some hardware manufacturer might give
option to turn off ?

Then the argument is why buy a PC to change the OS ? Well cause I run
linux not windows.

There are very few hardware vendors that sell Linux pre-installed on
hardware.

Thanks,

Tony
https://www.suse.com/blogs/uefi-secure-boot-overview/
https://www.suse.com/blogs/uefi-secure-boot-plan/

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.11-2.16-desktop